Shineyoureye has separate policies relating to the operation of this website.
- If you have registered to use the site we will not share your email address with third parties.
- If you have registered to use the site we will only contact you if there is a query with content you have posted on the site.
- If you have signed up to our newsletter we will only contact you about news and updates about Mzalendo.com.
- If you post a comment on the site, the username you have selected will be displayed.
- Almost all of the information published on shineyoureye is already in the public domain.
- In some instances we will publish information not previously in the public domain. Such instances will be as a result of the research team agreeing that there is material public benefit from this information being made public and we will be contravening no privacy laws.
- Should a politician or member of their staff believe that information published is inappropriate or inaccurate then they should follow the instructions laid out in the 'Amendment' and 'Take Down' policies.
- All politicians have the right to reply on any comments made. To do this they need to create an account and simply add a comment onto their own page.
- If you believe that any information is inaccurate please contact us using the 'Correct This Information' on the appropriate page. Please tell us more than simple 'this information is wrong'. Please provide us with a source either for more accurate information or for proof that the information currently included is incorrect.
- We will review all 'Correct This Information' submissions and provided there is a credible source that either refutes the existing information or provides better information, the site will be amended.
- Registered users of the site have the ability to post comments on almost every page.
- Once posted, the comments can be seen by the user and shared with others, but it won't be searchable on the site until a moderator approves it.
- Once a moderator has approved a comment, it can be found on the site.
- If a user has demonstrated that they are a trust-worthy commenter, their comments will be auto-approved without intervention from a moderator.
- If you believe a comment or other material on the site is offensive or inappropriate in any way, please report it.
- Comments can be reported using the 'Report It' button, other pieces of information can be reported using the 'Correct This Information' button.
- If a piece of information has been flagged as being offensive or inappropriate, a moderator will prevent the comment from being publicly viewed whilst a review is held.
- If, after the review the team think the information is inappropriate, it will continue to be blocked from public access. If it is deemed appropriate, then it will be made accessible for public viewing again.